Team Unmarx Races for the Cure Detroit

7 Jun

The Susan G Komen Race for the Cure is a popular annual event that raises awareness and money for breast cancer research and assistance. The 23rd Annual Komen Detroit Race for the Cure drew thousands near the Detroit River at Chene Park for a celebration of survivors and others dedicated to helping them. The event raises funds of which 75% is for breast health programs in our local communities and the remaining 25% for scientific research.

The Race for the Cure attracted thousands of people from all over Michigan, featuring a 5K walk/run, with bands and ceremonies to recognize breast cancer survivors. The event is sponsored by the Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit. The Susan G Komen’s mission is to end breast cancer forever. This mission is what brings us all together every year, including Team Unmarx.

Comments are closed.